Thursday, May 27, 2010

Laughter

I am honored to watch my niece, Ally, once a week, every Thursday. She is absolutely the most awesome niece that I have (even if she is the only one I have!). This week I was able to watch her twice. On Tuesday Wyatt and Ally were their usual selves going in and out of the house, tracking in sticks and dirt, carrying out the toys, playing with the dog food, dumping the dog water, dragging the hose all over, and much more. About 20 minutes before their nap time I hear Wyatt laugh. Not just any laugh but a belly laugh. I wanted to see what they were up to because it really couldn't have been any good. I took a peek out the kitchen window and what do I see? Ally dropping handfuls of dirt onto Wyatt's leg. I know Wyatt started it because he loves dirt, as most kids do. Ally learned quickly and joined in the fun. Obviously the kids were a mess come nap time. So why didn't I stop them? Because they were having so much fun. I hope to never stop their fun even if it means more of a mess for me to clean. The laughter is always worth it!

Picking up the dirt

Dropping the dirt

No comments:

Post a Comment